Is difficult today to miss the word blog. The word is mentioned in the media, and all over the Web, we even hear it in business and social situations. In many situations also the word blogger is not used to describe who write the blog, but also someone who earns its money through it.
What is a blog?
At this point, what exactly is a blog? Because you are reading this blog article, you probably needed a clearer idea on what it is, and this article is a good start.
To answer is possible to answer in many different ways, ranging from broad to a highly technical. To be as clear as possible, a blog is a particular type of site.
Many researchers have shown that although awereness of blogs is increasing, many people frequent this sites without realizing it.
This is good news, the point is that the readers get value out of it. Anyone who has been reading blogs for certain time, though, will understand that to blogging, there is more than just publishing a website.
Even thougu blogs started as personal journals, and informal list of link, nowadays it became something more of a varied medium. In addition to journals, links, now there are CEO blogs, educational blogs, marketing blogs – you say it!
What is it that makes blogs different?
If blogs are just different type of websites, what makes them so particular?
In my opinion there are three different areas of blog site that makes them different than regular sites:
- Content – Blogs are usually updated more often than regular sites, and are this that keeps visitors coming back them more often. Content is often reverse chronological ordered, with the most recent article on the top and older toward the end.
- Syndication – Not only followers can read blogs in their web browsers just like any other site, but a blog provides its content in the form of a feed. Meaning that a specific software can be used to read the site.
- Conversation – The style of a blog is different from other types of sites, there is more of a community and conversational feel. Contrasting a just informational site, or a traditional news site, blogs are written with the blogger writing directly to the audience and replies are expected in the form of comments. Moreover the conversation also happen between blogposts attracting replies and responses form other sites.
Benefits of Blogging:
Blogging has many benefits, even if many bloggers enjoy writing, is not possible to overlook whoever makes money from it. Other goals are:
- Fame: An effective blog allows for more recognition and a more visible profile in the marketplace, pastime or community.
- Contacts: Blogs are an excellent way to get to know people and network, they naturally lead to conversation, and a well read blog put you in contact with a variety of contacts.
- Traffic: Attracting highly targeted visitors alone could be a big success, if you have products or services to sell. Site owners always looks for source of traffic, and blogs are a proven way to generate traffic.
- Sales: In addition to just gaining attention, over time, articles can help in persuading the audience in purchasing products or services if trust and credibility is generated.
Making money with blogging:
The next part is related to a previous article in which I explained how blogs are effective to make money, and can be found on the following link: